Wednesday, August 10, 2011

This is what we do.

Ever since I can remember, I started a blog with a song. The rhythm helped me block out all other thoughts that could taint or diminish the meanings of what was being said. When I was younger, my words didn't really make sense. I don't expect these words to make more sense, but at least they're a bit less juvenile. Or we can hope so. So this is me, when I'm grown up. I once thought that things were simple. Living was less of a task and more of an opportunity. Each day could be found with a rising sun and a shaking off of the dreams we had just minutes before. It was great. Now we look at everyone and assume they have something to gain. Maybe they do. We live in a cut throat ambitious world where everyone has everything to gain and lose all in the same season of abstract influence and manic manipulative coercion. I'm noticing a lack of trust in society. Virtues hold us up. They provide support for a future and assist in moral stability that results in a comfortable and incessant peace giving universe. Yet when these morals and common human courtesies are challenged, we find ourselves teetering on the brink of humanity and carnal necessities of selfishness and disregard for the feelings and comfort of others. Survival of the fittest. Perhaps not physically as in days of darwin, perhaps not mentally as in days of nuclear and lunar races, but instead a fittest in terms of a steeled heart and cold conquest. How often we look to others with hopes that they are the one, simply because we find our energies depleted from previous encounters of countless conquistadors that only want what we have, and not who we are. And still, there are those finding love in times of turmoil. Time seems to be pushing open the dividers in an inexplicable way of extreme separation. There is a constant reminder that life is no longer about neutral people. People seem to be much more black and white despite our constant insurgence against discrimination and our noble endeavors to provide unity between the human race. Yet how well are we succeeding? In constant barrage comes the idea that we all need to be the same and accepting of what everyone tells us, yet isn't that what we fought against so much all those years ago? We are not the same, we should not think the same, and the christian should not force his ideals upon the pagan, nor should the politician appeal to the unsuspecting teen that abortion is the only solution to the problems faced by those of the maniacally media be-ravaged juvenile mother. Where once was a life simple, cloudless, imperfect, yet safe, now there lays a track of impenetrable steel walls known as ignorance. There comes a point where push comes to shove. That point should be occurring significantly less than, in our current reality, is happening. So maybe things are different now. Maybe we know more, but I was taught that knowledge was power, and when I turn on a TV set, my ancient archaic personal computer, or pick up (heaven forbid) a newspaper, I see nothing but the weak minded trying so desperately to express themselves. It would all seem folly to me. No need to sink into a spell of depression, but just remember that life is worth living when we find those that make a sunrise shine and a moonbeam gleam. Just a bit of food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment